I want to make sure that you take this diet in the correct direction; I’ll guide you through a five-step process to ensure that you get on track with the raw food diet:
1. Start by making your plate half-filled with raw fibres; vegetables & fruits. Bonushey’sonushey’schy raw food, if you want to add slightly cooked at the beginning, it’s okay.
2. You have a lot of options with cooking your raw foods, like; juicing, cooking the food at a temperature less than 100 degrees, sprouting, steaming, and using slow cookers are all ways to gently while preserving the same nutritional benefits The power is in your hands to individualize, your diet, however, you want and eat what you like within the options we recommend for you. The best thing here is that by the end of the day, you should find yourself eating almost 70–80% plant-based food, and if cooked, it’s not heated above 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In the raw food diet, you can eat fat, but only the good fats, so I want to get rid of the unhealthy fats (Trans fats, vegetable oils, canola oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated & partially hydrogenated oils). You need to use the healthy fats instead, for instance; cold-pressed coconut oil, grass-fed butter, extra virgin olive oil, and nuts/seeds. These healthy oils or fats that I was just telling you about are very important for your weight loss, hormone production, brain development, lowering inflammation, cancer prevention, and cellular healing.
4. Focus on eating the good quality animal — meat — products in moderation when you start the raw food diet. This considerably reduces your vulnerability to herbicides, pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics, in meats and at the same time providing essential nutrients and fatty acids such as conjugated linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, and omega-3 fatty acids.
5. It’s time you replace all the refined grains and sugary snacks like; pizza, soups, white pasta, sweetened yoghurt, crackers, white bread, canned foods with other healthy snacks. Eat sprouted/soaked grain products (like sprouted beans, sourdough bread or Ezekiel bread) in moderation. But, the best option for snacks is fruits instead of these unhealthy snacks and beverages.
If you follow these 5 steps, you’ll find it easy to drop into the raw food diet and eating fresh vegetables and fruits, nut butter, sprouted seeds, cold-pressed extra virgin coconut or olive oil, freshly squeezed vegetable or fruit juices, fresh herbs, herbal teas and fermented vegetables. The best thing about this diet is that you can eat as much as you’d wish and not fill guilty about it.